Thursday, July 23, 2009

What is going on?

I haven't posted in a few days because of some health issues. I have gotten several emails and calls about what went on with our board of uneducated this week, and I felt like I needed to comment.

First, I have a question for all of you: What is the only county in Georgia with NO city government, NO county government and NO board of education? Miller County of course! Oh, we have people in these areas, but they certainly aren't doing their jobs!

Now, as far as the fiasco that occured on Monday, can any of you really say you are surprised? Did you really think that Robbie Phillips and his "We're Perfect" choir would admit to a mistake? Or rather several mistakes? I knew the issue with Coach Renza Israel was bad, but I had no idea it was as bad as it actually was. For the superintendent to use the criterion of the person who earns the most as a reason for being let go, that was automatically saying those who had the most experience (the oldest) would be dismissed. This is textbook age discrimination and ILLEGAL! On top of this, when Mr. McIntosh had called Coach Israel into his office the day before he received the RIFF notice, and told him he (McIntosh) was recommending that Robbie Phillips fire him (Israel), I find it hard to believe that it's a coincidence that Coach Israel was let go the very next day! Bottom line: Coach Israel was targeted, while relatives of the superintendent and BOE members were somehow allowed to keep their jobs. I have a feeling this is going to end up in court with civil cases, and I can only hope Coach Israel and the others are kind when they sue. Everyone should call the people who made the decision to unjustly fire the teachers and thank them when your taxes go even higher to pay for a settlement. Ask them what were they thinking???? I'm sure they'd love to hear from you!

On to other topics, I'm happy to report that Janet made it through her surgery just fine. She was back home before lunch. Dan is asking for prayers to continue for Angela. It's not looking good at this point, and they need a miracle. We know they still occur!!!! Also, please keep Brenda in your prayers. She has a lot of health issues, and I know she would appreciate them. My entire family would.