Thursday, September 10, 2009

More County Figures

Most people have thanked me for putting the county salaries on here, and asked me for any other information I could gather (since our county commissioners seem to want to hide everything they can from the public). These figures were given to the people who attended the budget "hearings" a few weeks ago. It's broken down by department and is the proposed budget for 09-10. The information in parenthesis is the change (+ or -) from the year before, and the reason for the change.

Commissioners Department...........$130,501 (-$23,219, reduced contingency)
Clerk of Commissioners.............$55,741 (+$4,391, no reason given)
Registrar..........................$29,290 (-$9,023, non election year)
Elections..........................$14,145 (-$23,815, non election year)
Financial Administration...........$82,895 (-$27,828, cut clerical position)
Tax Commissioner...................$128,564 (-$7,508, longivity reduced)
Tax Assessor.......................$138,373 (-$8,965, cut contract labor)
General Government Building........$102,937 (-$27,700, reduced maintenance)
Clerk of Court.....................$129,136 (-$28,010, overtime/longivity reduced)
Superior Court.....................$33,064 (-$50, no reason given)
State Court........................$49,334 (-$300, no reason given)
Magistrate Court...................$63,670 (-$2,515, overtime cut)
Probate Court......................$72,388 (-$1,040, no reason given)
Juvenile Court.....................$109,603 (-$1,700, no reason given)
Public Defender....................$29,500 (+$1,000, no reason given)
DTF Crime Control and..............$15,240 (no change)
Sheriff's Department...............$552,906 (-$76,269, cut overtime and position)
Jail Operations....................$643,610 (+$41,460, move admin fr probation)
School Resource Officers...........$40,179 (-$35,589, cut position)
Detention Officer and Work.........$80,047 (-$3,100, cut overtime)
Probation - Joint..................$35,000 (-$48,429, combined with city)
Fire...............................$51,296 (-$70, no reason given)
Emergency Management Service.......$698,700 (+$12,541, no reason given)
Coroner............................$12,558 (no change)
E-911/Dispatch.....................$232,963 (+$21,610, Baker Co. Revenue)
Animal Control.....................$750 (no change)
Emergency Management (EMA).........$43,193 (+$16,055, storm emergencies)
Road Department....................$639,643 (-$53,800, cut position/overtime)
Dumpsites..........................$126,638 (+$13,214, increased garbage)
Landfill - Closure and.............$7,244 (no change)
Inert Landfill.....................$600 (no change)
Family Connection..................$50,000 (no change)
Health Department..................$132,070 (-$1,000, no reason given)
Indigent Medical Care..............$182,350 (+$500, no reason given)
Welfare and Assistance.............$1,500 (no change)
DFACS - Building and Plant.........$111,380 (-$900, no reason given)
Senior Citizen Center..............$1,100 (no change)
Recreation.........................$31,500 (-$26,000, combined with city)
Golf Course........................$20,000 (no change)
County Extension Services..........$39,716 (-$400, no reason given)
Forest Resources...................$2,560 (+$206, no reason given)
Building Inspection................$23,237 (+$7,710, full time contract position)
Chamber of Commerce................$7,500 (-$7,500, reduced)
Broadband Program..................$1,500 (-$6,000, reduced)
2006 Commission Deficit............$55,000 (-$11,000, reduced)

The figures that sicken me the most are the amounts given to the golf course, as opposed to the tiny amount given to the senior citizens center. These people have worked their entire lives, and deserve a place to go every day. If we can spend $20,000 on a golf course, then we can give more than $1,100 to this center. They had to practically beg for money to have their air conditioning fixed this year! Frankie, Barbie and the rest had better realize some of them are already in that age bracket, the rest are very close. I wonder how they'd feel if they were treated that way?

I also have some other county information that I am looking over and will share with you at a later date. And we have requested some information from city hall. It is time the public knew what was going on with their tax monies! Our taxes are the highest in this area and we need to do something about it! Any time I write or say something that upsets Barbie, Cory or most of the other city/county officials, I know I'm on the right track, since they have tried at every turn to hide what they are doing. I'm proud to say I am one person Barbie can't control or intimidate. This is my blog, and I control what goes on it. As I've been accused of doing twice in the last week, I'm "stirring it up"! Somebody needs to!