Well it looks like my last post really woke up some sleeping dogs! Had several emails (thanks for all the positive comments and thank-you's) and some of them were NOT nice! I have laughed until my sides hurt at just how upset some people are because the truth is now out there for everyone to see. No matter how upset some people get, these figures will not come down. And any other information I feel the people should know will be posted as well. I will not be intimidated by anyone. My sister in Canada worries about me, because she knows what kind of idiots we have living here, I've told her I'll be fine, and I will. I love you Brenda! Thanks for worrying about me ;o)
Now, on to other topics. I see George Williams will once again be city councilman, since nobody else ran against him. I have feelings on this, but I will keep them to myself. No need saying anything until I see what he does this time around. It is disappointing to see our political offices simply being bought because people have been mentally, financially and emotionally beaten down to the point that they don't dare run for office. They just don't care anymore.
At least we'll have a race for the other council seat. Hopefully we'll get someone in there who is ready to make some changes. Even though they aren't in my district, I would love to talk to them. I have some questions I would like to get the answer to. I know I'm leaving (hopefully very soon), but until I do I am still a citizen of this town (no matter how much some people wish I'd just fall off the face of the earth) and I have a right to have my concerns heard. I just hope whoever gets this office is ready to stand up and fight. He will have to if he wants to make a difference.
By the way: It's now September and I haven't heard a word about when the "Festival of Southern Culture" will take place. Just wondering what's going on there. Could it be that there won't be one this year? Just asking!
Oh, and one more thing before I go. I understand Clyde made a statement at the last county commission meeting that Colquitt can't support all the restaurants we have, so he thinks the commission should start shutting some of them down. First of all, I don't believe they have that right or authority. If we are going to start shutting some of them down, shouldn't the ones he is associated with be the first to go? I would suggest to our "leaders" that it might be a good idea to keep their noses out of the private businesses unless they want to be sued individually. Of course the county would end up paying for their defense (like we almost had to do in another situation I can think of).
Well, That's it for this edition. Will be keeping my eyes and ears open. If anything else comes up in the crazy community we call Colquitt, I'll let you all know. I understand some people in the commissioner's office are vowing not to let us have any more information. If they want to fight with the State Attorney General's office over the Open Record Act, let them go right ahead. I've filed formal complaints before and I can do it again. If Barbie doesn't believe that, all she has to do is ask Danny Shephard.
Good night, folks!